Hey everyone, So next Wednesday I will be flying out to Barcelona and Madrid for 8 days and I couldn’t be happier about it 🙂 but for the days before hand I have so much to do to get prepared so here is what I get up to in the days leading up to flying away…
- Making a list of everything I need to pack
- Buying all my last minute toiletries
- Checking my passport expiry date for the 100th time
- weighing my bag and having to take out half of the shoes I have packed
- And of course choosing what to bring and booking my appointments such as hair, waxing, eyelashes, eyebrows and nails (The stress of being a woman!)
So here are all my tips for getting holiday ready beauty wise 🙂
Hair: I usually always get my hair trimmed before heading away just because it is so much easier to manage after being in the pool or the sea all day. I always head to Peter Mark, The Style Club or Reba hair salon for the best hair treatment.
Eyelashes: I have only got my 3D eyelashes done once for my holiday to Cancun and I will definitely be getting these done everytime I go away. They were so handy and I never really had to wear any eye make up as they were lovely on their own which was great. I got them done from Orinta Eyelashes. Check out her facebook page here
Eyebrows: I always get HD brows done before I head away as they always stay perfect even when in water and again it is so much easier than having to do your make up all the time. HD brows involves plucking, threading, cutting, dying and waxing and they last atleast 2-3 weeks. I get mine done in HD Brows Jervis Centre. They are €30. Book an appointment on their facebook page here
Nails: I find Shellac nails so handy for holidays, I love gel nails but they always seem to break on me so Shellac are a better option for me. I get mine done at the nail bar upstairs in the Jervis centre beside Forever 21 which has amazing colours to choose from. A 2 week polish always lasts and is just €30, book online here. Tropical Popical is also definitely on my list but unfortunately are always booked out when I ring! 😦
Waxing: There is nothing better than having a Hollywood and a leg wax when your heading away! no hassle of shaving or wasting extra time getting ready in the morning so I always get both waxes done just before I set off! I wouldn’t go anywhere else after trying Wax In The City on Liffey St or South William Street. The girls are all so nice. The Hollywood is €38 and lower legs is €22 or full legs €38! They are a walk in service but here is their price list & opening hours.
Some photos of my eyelashes/eyebrows and business cards for all treatments below:
I know every other blogger has said it but they are right! There is no other tan out there that seems to be better than Bellamianta rapid mousse! I have tried so many tans from low price points to really preumium brands but they still all went scaly or came off straight away in heat or water. Bellamianta is the perfect tan for going away! It is so dark yet looks so natural, I put on a layer the night before I was flying out to Cancun and washed it off just before my flight. It was so even and lovely and it made me feel so much more confident around all the other tanned goddesses in Mexico! ha ha I unfortunately don’t tan at all so I will be using this for all holidays now. I have seen some people saying it has no scent and lasts the full week but in my opinion neither of these were true. The scent is very strong and like all other tans so definitely wash it off before getting on a plane! I had to top it up every 3 days on holidays but I put on suncream all day long and swim a lot in the pool and sea so that was expected. It washes off so well with the help of Cocoa Brown Tough Stuff and you can then just put on a different layer. I would definitely recommend getting the Bellamianta mit as the tan goes on so much smoother and even and I think it definitely helps the application. Purchase both here
I hate wearing too much make up when in the sun so I only brought my essentials. Here are all the products I used which was perfect for everyday make up. All products are very light yet do last really well in the heat.
- Kiehl’s Ultra facial cream buy now
- Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer buy now
- Cocoa Brown Rose Gold Goddess shimming body oil buy now
- Mac mineralize skinfinish in Soft & Gentle buy now
- Inglot Under Eye Concealer 96 buy now
- So Su Contour Palette buy now
- Inglot HD Highlighter trio shade 102 buy now
- Anastasia Beverly Hills dipbrow pomade in Blonde buy now
- Mac Velvet Teddy Lipstick buy now
- NYX buttergloss in Tiramisu buy now
- Smashbox Always Sharp Lip liner in nude medium buy now
- Gwen Stefani eyeshadow palette buy now
- NYX Born To Glow liquid illuminator LI02 buy now
- NYX liquid black liner noir collection buy now
- NYX dewy finish make up setting spray buy now
- Garnier micellar water buy now
Because of my 3D eyelashes I only wear eyeshadows from my Gwen Stefani Palette and no mascara or eyeliner is even needed 🙂
OTHER MUST HAVE BEAUTY PRODUCTS FOR HOLIDAYS
- Victoria’s Secret Fragrance mist in Mango Temptation & Aqua Kiss (available in some pharmacies such as McCabe’s Blanchardstown) buy similar here
- Soap & Glory Hand Maid mini travel antibacterial gel buy here
- Soap & Glory Hand Glove cream buy here
- Revo coconut lip balm buy here
- Milkshake leave in conditioner buy here
The best place for toiletries for holidays is definitely Boots or Penneys. They both have a section where you can pick of all toiletries under 100ml for hand luggage and have everything you can think of. Boots also does 3 for 2 deals.
I hope this helps anybody heading on a last minute holiday! If you are interested in following my holiday in Barcelona & Madrid follow my instagram for daily updates! If you have any questions about any of the products or beauty treatments listed don’t hesitate to comment or message me. Thanks for reading..
Just Jodie x